Yorkie's Primitives Handmade Goods

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Look what I Got!!


I just have to show you what I was lucky enough to get for free!! It came from my daughter and son in law's farm that they bought last year. It's a door from one of their old barns. And they were going to burn it!!!! I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to get this for my front porch. I can't wait to decorate it for Christmas, Valentine's Day and all the seasons! I am leaving the paint just like it is so that it show the charm of old days. Drop me a line and tell me what you think. Until next time...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

You are going to have so much fun decorating that door.
I stopped at an antique store today and they had two really cool old doors for sale. I couldn't afford them, $300 & $175. So you got a real bargain thanks to your kids.
Judy

Adorable Country Classics said...

Oh I love old doors, your so lucky to get one like that, they are expensive to by. I can't wait to see it decorated. And I would also leave the paint the way it is!
Jody

yorkie's primitives said...

Oh yeah Judy I know how expensive they are and I just about died when I found out they were going to burn it! I told them not to burn anything anymore until I see it first.LOL Hugs, Valerie

Lorna/Live Oak Primitive Peddler said...

I think I love it!! And what a great idea to put it on your porch!! I can't wait to see it decorated.
Blessings,
Lorna

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

Oh wow! How fun! I can't believe they were going to burn it! I know, not everyone is into prim and old like us. Hehe! Good thing you were there to save it! You are going to have so much fun changing it out with the seasons.