Yorkie's Primitives Handmade Goods

Saturday, April 3, 2010

HAPPY EASTER!

Years ago when my kids became teenagers, they thought they were too big to color eggs. So needless to say my sister in law and I got very depressed that we no longer had kids to color eggs with. Then I told her we didn't need kids, we could color our own.

So off to the store we went and bought the eggs and egg dye kit. We came home and had a blast coloring the eggs. Then it hit us: We didn't have anyone to hunt the eggs. So we were depressed again.
So I went in the other room and told my darling husband that we had a dilemna. We didn't have anyone to hunt our colored eggs. So when I ask if he would hunt the eggs, he said he guessed he would. Well we had a blast hiding the eggs and then we gave my 6 foot 4 inch husband a little Easter basket to hunt the eggs with. Isn't he sweet? My sister in law laughed so hard she almost wet her pants.LOL All Chester said was that is was a shame what he had to do to live in this house.LOL
So whatever your Easter tradition is, I hope you have a very blessed Easter with your loved ones.
But while you are having your family dinner or hunting your eggs, please say a prayer to thank Jesus for the ultimate sacrifice that he made. He is the reason for celebrating this season. I cannot thank Him enough for all the blessings that He has given me throughout my life. He is a friend that will never turn His back on you. God Bless everyone of you and have a very
HAPPY EASTER!!

5 comments:

Carol said...

Thank heaven for husbands! Have a Blessed Easter!

countercrafts said...

Thank you for sharing that story...I can relate to not having any little ones to color eggs for. Happy Easter and Thank You, Jesus for dying for us. Donna, countercrafts, gmills4@suddenlink.net

Maureen said...

That husband of yours is a treasure Val. Thanks for sharing that great story.

Terri said...

Hahaha - that sounds like us around here! I made everybody help color eggs but it never occured to me to make them hunt them! You are brilliant!!! Just wait 'til next year!

That's one sweet husband you have there, by the way! :)

Stitchesnstrokes said...

Awww, that is just the sweetest story. Chester...you're wonderful! Thanks for sharing that with us, Valerie. Glad you had a nice Easter. Chat soon. Hugs♥