Yorkie's Primitives Handmade Goods

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Tribute to George Jones

I love George Jones!! I have always loved his music and the feeling that he puts into each song he sings
Most of you know my niece, Brittany. She is my sidekick! She helps me with housework that I can't do, cuts my hair and has stayed with me since a very little girl.
When she was about 3, she loved Rascal Flatts. She told me that he was much better than that old George Jones and made so much more money. Well I told her George Jones drank up more money than Rascal Flatts would ever make. Don't get me wrong, I like Rascal Flatts but he is not George Jones.
Then came Randy Travis and I also like Randy Travis but we went through the same discussion with me telling her once more there would never be another George Jones!!
Next came New Kids on the Block. Well she swore they would be around long after George kicked the bucket.LOL Once again I reminded her that George Jones would be around forever, long after New Kids on the Block.
And finally it was Garth Brooks. He was the best. Better than George would ever be. Well Garth did make his fortune and his name in music, but he is not George Jones.
So finally she admitted OK!! so George Jones is a legend and I am right.
Then her younger brother came up and said that Hank Williams Jr. was the best. George would never be as good as him. Well Britt just told him not to argue with me because I am always right.LOLOLOL
We went to see George Jones last night in Pigeon Forge. My brother, Terry, bought tickets for us. And he is getting older and his voice is fading a little but he is still the most loved country music singer of all time. He had trouble with some of the faster songs but he still rocks!!
The place was packed with another sell out and after he finished with He Stopped Loving Her today and I Don't Need No Rocking Chair, he was given a standing ovation which he so well deserved.
I know all the country music singers have left their mark in history and there are a lot that I love to hear sing but there is and always will be only ONE George Jones!! Here's to you George!!! Until next time...

3 comments:

Harvest Your Blessings said...

Wow it sounds like you had a wonderful time! I'm so glad you were able to see a genuine legend. What a great memory to have of him ♥
Blessings, Dawn

Firecracker Kid said...

Hey, I like George Jones' songs too. The old country singers were the best.

The Moonlit Stitch said...

I'm glad you got to see The Possum Valerie! I'm a big "old country" fan myself! ~*~Lisa